This post is about two weeks overdue, but I really had no mood to blog due to the terrible things that have happened in the past week or so :( My thoughts are with the families affected by missing flight MH370. I can't begin to imagine what they're going through right now :( Two weekends ago, I would never have thought that our country as a whole would be experiencing what we are experiencing right now: the mystery of the missing aircraft, the terrible haze, the water cuts.
In fact, two weekends ago, I was busy having the photoshoot for my book, with aircrafts taking off and landing safely out there, and clear blue skies which provided beautiful lighting for the shots in my book, and enough water to fill up a pool if I had wanted to (note to self: that was a missed opportunity).
I'm happy to say we got all the shots we needed for the book, and more! The models did a fantastic job, and I am so honored that these wonderful mamas took the time out of their weekend to be a part of this project. The whole weekend felt more like a fun party than anything else...as you'll see in these "very few" photos :p
The shots here and the ones in my book are provided by my awesome photography dream team: Sonny, Michelle, & The Cute Boys -- you guys are consummate professionals, and your positive energy was so infectious. I know for a fact that working with babies can be very very difficult, but if it was difficult for you guys, y'all certainly didn't show it! (P.S: You can "borrow my toilet" anytime, hahahaha).
I'd really like to thank the models who made my job soooo much easier by being professional, fun, and gorgeous: Lynn, Aidah, Nadh, Eida, Mardhiah, Sanaa, Shazana, Iz, Isma, Hana, Lily, Farrah, Lita, and Ninie! And of course, the beautiful babies and toddlers who managed to find time to model for Aunty Adrin's book in between diaper changes, tantrums, naps, and nursing sessions: Naaima, Adli, Muhammad, Ariana, Amni, Zidan, Izyan, Aafrin, Aaqila, Dira, Mika, Zaraa, Ayra, and Pincha. Thank you to all the models' chaperones too, including hubbies and sisters. I hope that you all had a fun weekend despite all the work I put you through. Some of you I only met for the first time that day, and I hope we can hang again when I'm not bossing you around! LOL.
I would also like to thank the sponsors of the models' fabulous doorgifts! The models received:
- Coupons from JumpSacBaby, which they can use when they purchase the gorgeous carriers that JumpSacBaby makes, including their ring slings, mei tais, wraps and the famous Orbit SSC. JumpSacBaby carriers always stand out for their superb craftsmanship and stunning designs, and I hope the models have a great time choosing their next carrier!
- Beautiful cloth panty liners from Bisky Bosky. Not only did the liners look amazing (I almost wanted to keep a cupcake print one for myself...) but they were made with Minky fabric! I know that I was certainly touched by the generosity of Bisky Bosky, as were the models.
- Adorable headbands and also coupons from BebeBundo, who make bespoke soft-sole shoes for babies. Their shoes are handmade with love, and are a must-have for any baby's wardrobe! The designs by BebeBundo are so stellar that I'm trying to convince the maker to make a pair for me ;p
- Coupons from Q Junior, which they can use when they purchase all sorts of baby and mama items including nursing covers, breastfeeding pillows and wetbags. For those of you who are worried about radiation which can affect your baby during your pregnancy, Q Junior also sell metal fibre maternity vests.
- Handmade necklaces from my mother! My mom enjoys beading as a hobby, and was thrilled to be able to gift some of her pieces to my models. I should also say here that she allowed us to use her home as a studio for the whole weekend, and she happily catered the whole thing too! I am aware that my mom is awesome, but I'd like to just announce it here so the rest of the world can know too. Love you, ma!
Adriana Thani's Guide To Babywearing is coming together so nicely, and I am both excited and nervous. I'm currently editing the book with the help of my awesome editor, Michelle, and so far it's looking good (and slightly overwhelming at the same time, haha). It shall be out before the middle of the year, and I'll be sure to update y'all on when that'll happen!
(P.S: For more pics, search for #GuideToBabywearingBTS on Instagram and FB)
(P.P.S: Following the shoot, my ovaries were twitching on overdrive for like a week. Soooo many babies! I want plisss!)